Tuesday 5 April 2016

50 - Jason Bere

Front photo: Pretty generic pitching photo.

Back photo: Ditto.

Better photo?: If I had to pick between these two rather blah options, I'd select the back just for the visible patch.

Ties to my personal collections: Nothing.

Paragraphs in wikipedia entry: 7

Wiki-facts: "Bere and his high school sweetheart, Dinelle (née Erwin), were married in November 1994"

Google it: He's now the bullpen coach in Cleveland, the team he played his last games for.

How was his strike-shortened 1994? Really good. Was an all-star, finishing with a 12-2 record and a 3.81 ERA. Then the injuries hit, and for the next 3 years with the White Sox, he had only 12 more wins.

Birthday boy: May 26, 1971. I can find a tie to my personal collections here, as he shares the day with Kitchener Rangers alum Steven Rice. Also born that date was Matt Stone of South Park fame.

Up Next: #51 - Sean Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment